Department of Mathematics
The department of mathematics is established in year 1982 and is one of the oldest departments in the college with 03 faculty members. The department conducts undergraduate program for the students.
Class Intake Capacity
F.Y.B.Sc. 240 (Mathematics & Zoology are OPTIONAL subjects)
S.Y.B.Sc. 240 (Mathematics & Botany are OPTIONAL subjects)
Completed Minor Research Project, funded by SPPU under SPPU Research Grant Scheme (2014-2016). Grant Received: Rs, 1,30,000/-
Major areas of research –
1) Discrete Mathematics
2) Applied Mathematics
1) Madhava Mathematics Competition
2) National Mathematics Day celebration
3) Scientific Rangoli Competition
4) Quiz Competition
5) Posters Presentation Competition
6) Guest lecturers
1) Every year students of the department receives prizes in Madhava Mathematics Competition, which is organized by S P College Pune, in collaboration with TIFR.