About Community College :
XII th Five Year Plan Document of Planning Commission has laid a special emphasis on expansion of skill-based programmers in higher education. It recommends setting up of Community Colleges (CC) to serve multiple needs, including
(i) Career oriented education and skills to students interested in directly entering the workforce;
(ii) Contracted training and education programmes for local employers;
(iii) high-touch remedial education for secondary school graduates not ready to enroll in traditional colleges, giving them a path to transfer to three or four year institutions; and (iv)general interest courses to the community for personal development and interest.
The main objectives of the scheme are
1) To make higher education relevant to learner and community
2) To integrate relevant skills into the higher education system.
3) To provide skill based education system to currently pursuing higher education willing to enter the workforce.
4) To provide employable skills to senior secondary school pass outs not willing to join higher education system.
5) To provide opportunities for community based life-long learning by offering courses of general interest to the community for personal development and interest.
6) To provide opportunity to move to higher education in future; and
7) To offer bridge courses to certificate holders of general/vocational education, so as to bring them at par with appropriate NVEQF level.
* University Grant Commission.
* Government of Maharashtra Permission.
Eligibility Criteria :
(10+2) or its equivalent examination from recognized board or institute.
1) Well-equipped recognized laboratory with more than 100 computers and other appliances.
2) Facility of battery backup (7.5 KVA) and 40 KVA generator.
3) Free Internet facility with Wi-Fi Internet campus.
4) Qualified and experienced staff.
5) Well-developed library.
6) Visit to Government Institutions and private Institutions as a part of academics.
7) Well-equipped Gyamkhana facility.
8) Course period is 2 years
9) From Farm Equipment and Machinery