Department of Botany
1. About the Department:
The Botany Department established at T.Y.B.Sc. level from academic year 2007-08. The Department of Botany has well equipped laboratories. The Faculty is continuously engaged in research activities along with regular teaching. The research oriented staff members have received grants from UGC for Minor research project. Three minor researches have completed in the Department. Various research papers have been presented in seminar of National and International level and also Published Research papers in Journals of national and International reputation.
2. Courses offered
1. Three faculties awarded with doctor of philosophy during last ten years
2. Conducted three national level seminars and one state level seminar
3. Three minor research project completed
4. Funds received by the department from establishment under various activities are 22, 87 500/-rupees.
5. Two botanical garden with medicinal, aromatic, rare and endangered & ornamental species.
6. Two Books and 33 National International research papers published by faculties.
7. Orientation and refresher courses attended by faculty.
8. 14 students promoted to M.Sc. degree. One student selected in campus interview. One student of the Department in ISRO as a security staff.
2. Departmental activity
1. Faculties of the department participated in various activities run by the college Likewise NSS, Cultural activities, Extension activities, Social activities etc.
2. Department has organized different excursion and educational study tours for F.Y.B.Sc., S.Y.B.Sc., T.Y.B.Sc students.
3. Department has organized Bridge course for slow learners’ and Certificate course “Food Processing and preservation” for advance learners’.
1. Three Minor Research Project
2. Participation and presentation of research papers in National International seminars and conference.
3. Publications of research papers in National and International journals.
1. Inspiration camp
2. Vruksha Dindi
3. Science Exhibition
4. Plant cultivation